Friday, July 25, 2014

Baby Update- 16 Weeks

This week was my 16 week mark in my pregnancy! This baby is about the size of a dill pickle. It's crazy how fast it is growing! 

Since this is my first baby post, I'll write a little about the beginning and first trimester of this pregnancy.

Christian and I found out we were pregnant at the end of April. Early on a Sunday morning, I felt like I should take a pregnancy test. I had taken a few before, and had failed them, so I tried not to get my hopes up. So I took the test and went out of the bathroom so I wouldn't have to look at it. A few minutes later I came back into the bathroom and saw that it was positive. I was shocked. I walked into the bedroom and just stared at Christian while holding the stick. He saw that I was holding the test and said, "Well, what does it say??" "...It's positive."  We both jumped up and hugged. Then went back to sleep. :) That was when I was 4 weeks pregnant.

Since then I've gone through the entire first trimester. I have so far had a pretty easy pregnancy. I haven't thrown up once. I was just really nauseous and REALLY tired. And I've noticed this whole pregnancy that I've had pretty consistent head aches. But I've always had a problem with headaches, so this one isn't really a surprise. I have had quite a few cravings though... nothing crazy. Just fast food and fair food (crispy chicken sandwiches, soft pretzels, coney cheese dogs, pizza, doughnuts, etc.) But the weirdest craving I had was chef boyardee. I never even ate that stuff growing up. But it tasted SO good.

The second trimester has been very nice so far. I'm still tired a lot and get headaches, but I'm never nauseous, so I feel great. Just slowly, and happily, turning into the size of a whale. :)


16 week bump





Our little baby at 15 weeks.
Still a little too early to tell if it's a boy or girl.


Til next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment